The Martin Hirschorn / IAC Prize (Best Paper) is funded with the income from a $100,000 gift given in 1999 by the New York Community Trust, Martin Hirschorn IAC Fund. The prize is awarded in even-numbered years for "The best paper on new and/or improved cost effective noise control and/or acoustical conditioning products as published in the two years preceding the award."
The Martin Hirschorn / IAC Prize (Best Paper) is awarded every other year on even years. The Prize will be awarded during INTER-NOISE 2018, and next awarded in 2020.
- 2016: Anita Gidlöf-Gunnarsson, Evy Öhrström, Tor Kihlman, and Jens Forssén
Noise responses before and after noise abatement measures in a residential intervention project, NCEJ May-June 2015
- 2014: Franck Pérot, Min-Suk Kim, Vincent Le Goff, Xavier Carniel, Yvon Goth, and Christian Chassaignon
Numerical optimization of the tonal noise of a backward centrifugal fan using a flow obstruction, NCEJ
- 2012: Dan Palumbo and Jacob Klos, NASA Langley Research Center
The effects of voids and recesses on the transmission loss of honeycomb sandwich panels, NCEJ
- 2010: Mark A. MacDonald, Jessica Gullbrand, Yoshifumi Nishi, and Eric Baugh, INTEL Corp.
Notebook blower inlet flow and acoustics: Experiments and simulations, NCEJ
- 2008: Nikola Holecek, Brane Sirok, Marko Hocevar, Rudolf Podgornik and Rok Grudnik, Gorenje and University of Ljubljana in Slovenia
Reducing the noise emitted from a domestic clothes-drying machine, NCEJ
- 2006: Penelope Menounou, University of Texas at Austin and Jeong Ho You, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Design of a jagged-edge noise barrier: Numerical and experimental study
- 2006: Michael Yang, George Lesieutre, Stephen Hambric, and Gary Koopman, Pennsylvania State University
Development of a design curve for Particle Impact Dampers, NCEJ
- 2004: Kent L. Gee and Scott D. Sommerfeldt
A compact, active control implementation for axial cooling fan noise, NCEJ
- 2002: Gerald C. Lauchle and Timothy A. Brungart, Pennsylvania State University
Modifications of a Handheld Vacuum Cleaner for Noise Control, NCEJ
- 2000: Murray Hodgson
Scale-Model Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Novel Absorber Treatments for Industrial Noise Control, NCEJ