Message from the Conference Chair
To NOISE-CON 2020 participants, INCE-USA members, and all Noise Control Engineers:
The NOISE-CON 2020 organizing committee is excited to announce that we will be holding a virtual conference this year. Our primary goal is to protect the health of NC20 participants, but we also expect this will expand conference participation to people who might not normally be able to attend a NOISE-CON. The committee is working out lots of details, but would like to share what we know so far.
- The conference will still begin on November 16. The exact schedule is being determined, but it will likely expand beyond our normal two-and-a-half-day format to fill the entire week so we can have shorter sessions each day.
- Technical sessions, plenary sessions, networking opportunities, a supplier expo, and many other events are being planned.
- Technical presentations will be archived for a period of time so conference attendees can view them at their convenience.
- As with all NOISE-CON conferences the conference papers will be published in a proceedings. In addition, all papers will be published in the on-line INCE digital library.
- The exact registration fee is still being worked out, but will be significantly discounted. The new fee will be posted on or before August 20.
- So far 220 abstracts have been received for NOISE-CON 2020 and we are expecting a very interesting technical program.
- The paper due date is still September 1 and the early registration deadline has been extended to October 22.
As you can imagine, we have a lot of work to do. We will be making announcements as we get the details worked out. Please check the NOISE-CON 20 web site for the latest information.
Noise-Con 2020 Conference Chair