Lockheed Martin Palm Beach Florida is looking for a qualified candidate to join the Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) organization supporting various undersea vehicle programs. Primary responsibilities include systems analysis support across numerous subsea programs, solving complex engineering problems related to subsea acoustics, sonar modeling and perception algorithm development. The candidate must also be willing to perform other systems analysis and systems engineering tasking within the subsea vehicle domain that are outside of the primary responsibilities defined above as needs arise.
- Experience with current state-of-the-art in ocean subsea acoustics, sonar operation, design and data processing and algorithms
- Knowledge in the operation of undersea sensors and sensor modelling
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance at the TS/SCI level
- Experience presenting complex Signal Processing topics effectively to internal and/or external customers
- Experience with system analysis and requirements decomposition
- Knowledge of the subsea vehicle domain and autonomous systems
- Knowledge in Signal Processing to also include one or more of the following: Beamforming/Sonar/ASW/Acoustics
- Experience researching and prototyping algorithms in MATLAB as well as Python, C/C++, or other similar languages
- Experience with hardware, embedded systems, and software prototyping, design, integration and test.
- Demonstrated experience in proposing and winning independent research funding
- PhD in Physics, Acoustics, Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, or related fields is strongly desired
- Published author in Physics, Acoustics, Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, or related fields is strongly desired
Security Clearance Statement:
This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Top Secret with an investigation within 5 years.