As an Amazon Acoustic Field Engineer, you will influence all aspects of acoustics and sound mitigations for mechanical design, construction, operations, and maintenance for our global fleet of data centers. You will be the ‘go to’ engineering resource for all regions when technical advice is needed, and will use your subject matter expertise and engage with diverse teams to:
- Coordinate acoustical mitigation requirements, supporting utilities, and equipment locations, and provide detailed construction specifications for all sound and acoustics-related trades
- Review all design disciplines to ensure they meet the site acoustic requirements described in our design standard
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and create Corrective Action (CA) documentation for acoustic issues
- Own design-solutions for acoustic retrofit projects
- Initiate and lead acoustic audits including on-site visits within Amazon’s data centers. Produce reports outlining risks with recommended mitigations and remediations
- Develop innovative solutions for AWS’s data centers
- Work on concurrent projects, sometimes in multiple geographical regions
- Support training programs
Key job responsibilities
Amazon's vision is to be the world's most customer-centric company, and this role is key to that vision. As a Acoustic Field Engineer, you will be leading projects to fit out our data centers to meet ever-evolving customer needs as we continue expanding our fleet to hyper-scale. As an ideal candidate you are responsible for:
- Driving improvement of acoustic design standards and project approaches across the organization.
- Work with third party design vendors to review conceptual designs and in progress retrofit designs to ensure they meet established acoustic design standards, local code requirements, and any other requirements of the Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs)
- Be responsible for providing high quality acoustic engineering advice on a wide variety of retrofit projects globally while working with global Field engineering teams to achieve alignment of project objectives
- Be responsible for code compliance, design and installation standards, testing, inspections, and submittal review. Meet with AHJs as needed to ensure approval of acoustical features
- Build trust and relationships with different stakeholders (e.g., Operations, Controls, Construction, Design, Commissioning, Product Managers, Technical Program Managers)
- Are adaptable and inclined to get into the field to see things up close
- Possess strong engineering judgement and are able to provide recommendations despite uncertainty/ambiguity
- This position will require up to 25% travel
Each day you will interact with different teams responsible for all aspects of the data centers. You will prioritize your activities to support data center capacity availability and safety focusing on the actions that are most impactful. You will have the opportunity to work on projects locally and globally.
We have an immediate opening for a Field Engineer in America. If you meet these qualifications, exude passion, and enjoy the challenge of innovative projects at hyper-scale, this job is for you!
About the team
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. We pioneered cloud computing and never stopped innovating — that’s why customers from the most successful startups to Global 500 companies trust our robust suite of products and services to power their businesses.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, it’s in our nature to learn and be curious. Our employee-led affinity groups foster a culture of inclusion that empower us to celebrate our differences. Ongoing events and learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences, inspire us to never stop embracing our uniqueness.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We have a career path for you no matter what stage you’re in when you start here. We’re continuously raising our performance bar as we strive to become Earth’s Best Employer. That’s why you’ll find endless knowledge-sharing, mentorship and other career-advancing resources here to help you develop into a better-rounded professional.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Herndon, VA, USA
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to acoustics, sound, or an equivalent engineering degree in a related field with at least 5 years additional qualifying experience.
- Cumulative 10+ years of experience in design engineering or the construction industry, related to all aspects of acoustics, including sound mitigation strategies for mechanical equipment
- Experience with processes of design review, specification, development of design standards, and submittal review.
- Experience applying local codes, International Code Council (ICC) requirements, and other building industry standards, procedures, and methodologies.
- Experience authoring white papers, technical documentation, training materials, Code Modification Requests (CMRs), and Alternate Materials and Methods (AMM) proposals,
- Experience directly related to construction of mission critical, critical medical, industrial, construction, oil and gas, or large-scale mechanical and power systems.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents for all trades (design drawings, control diagrams, specifications, etc.).
- Experience as a acoustical engineer or authority having jurisdiction
- Strong knowledge of ICC Codes, and other acoustics industry standards, procedures, and methodologies.
- Experience in the development processes for codes and standards; acoustical technical committee participation.
- Experience with performance-based alternatives to prescriptive acoustics and sound mitigation and design.
- Strong business analytics skills.
- Licensed Acoustical Engineer
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/2425118/data-center-acoustic-engineer-field-engineering-field-engineering - email@example.com