Senior Traffic Noise Analyst: Cary or Charlotte, NC, Rock Hill, SC, Roswell, GA
NV5 is seeking a full-time Senior Traffic Noise Analyst for the Southeast Region. This person could sit in Cary or Charlotte, NC, Rock Hill, SC or Roswell, GA. The Senior Traffic Noise Analyst will lead highway traffic noise assessments for DOT’s in the Southeast and perform acoustical assessments throughout North America for public and private sector clients. The most frequent and essential work activities include:
- Lead highway traffic noise assessments for DOT’s, primarily in NC, SC, GA and FL.
- Conduct environmental acoustical analyses / sound studies for non-DOT clients throughout the North America and potentially abroad.
- Collection and analysis of the range of available data used to perform noise analyses.
- Prepare Traffic Noise Reports (TNR) and Design Noise Reports (DNR) consistent with 23 CFR 772 and DOT traffic noise policies.
- Conduct field measures, as needed for site-specific noise studies.
- Participate as a subject matter expert in public involvement activities, including presentations at public meetings and public hearings.
- Prepare scopes and fee proposals. Complete project tasks within deadlines and established budgets.
- Assist in business development and marketing efforts.
- Train and mentor staff.
- Maintain effective and successful communication with multi-discipline teams, co-workers and clients.
Prerequisites for employment include:
- Bachelor’s degree in acoustics, engineering, transportation, math, physics, environmental science, or related field.
- 10+ years directly related professional work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Proficient in TNM software, MicroStation/AutoCAD, and ArcGIS.
- DOT experience in traffic noise modeling and reporting. Experience with NCDOT, SCDOT, GDOT and/or FDOT preferred.
- Proficiency with state-of-the-art tools used to measure acoustical values and software used to process and analyze measured data.
- Familiar with relevant ISO, ANSI, ASTM and related acoustical standards.
- Familiar with current FHWA and DOT guidance documents for performing acoustical analyses.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license prior to employment - preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. When properly requested and when feasible (without undue hardship to the organization), reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Work will primarily be in an office setting; however, the position requires occasional travel and use of measurement equipment in the field, which may result in opportunities to be exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Work will be primarily working with fingers by picking, pinching, typing and grasping often with repetitive motion.
- Must have visual acuity for viewing a computer screen, the ability to talk, hear and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to carry, lift and push/pull up to 10 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Additional physical duties may be required as necessary.
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Apply online at: https://careers-nv5.icims.com/jobs/3870/senior-traffic-noise-analyst/job