Senior Noise Control Engineer: Houston, TX
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a Senior Noise Control Engineer to support the Noise Management service line in Houston, TX. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, consultancy-minded individual with a keen interest in noise measurement, modelling, and assessment. This is a hands-on consultancy role, combining client management, field work and office-based analysis. A self-motivated individual interested in resolving noise issues in industrial facilities and who is interested in growth opportunities will thrive in this environment.
Wood’s Vibration, Dynamics, and Noise (VDN) service is a global team of subject matter experts, looking to double its capability and capacity for noise projects in North America.
We are currently seeking a US citizen currently residing in (or willing to relocate to) Houston, TX.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Execute engineering assignments requiring professional experience using judgement and initiative in the application of engineering principles, techniques, and methods
- Serve as a technical authority on medium risk level design and troubleshooting projects, which may include environmental and occupational noise measurement, assessment and control
- Take noise measurements, analyze and report on data, and provide recommendations to clients
- Deliver high quality proposal, reports, and presentations
- Mentor junior engineers and team members
- Comply with Wood’s safety and quality policies and procedures
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Acoustical Engineering, or equivalent with a focus on noise and acoustics required; Master’s degree (with focus on noise or acoustics) is highly desirable
- Registered Professional Engineers in the State of Texas or Board Certified Noise Control Engineers are preferred
- 5 to 10 years relevant engineering experience in assessment and recommended solutions for industrial noise; experience in the Oil & Gas, Energy, or Environment industries preferred
- At least 5 years experience in developing noise management solutions and systems, acoustic modelling, and front-end and detailed engineering design and analysis
- Must have experience using multi-channel vibration and noise instruments – data collectors/analyzers/loggers
- Excellent understanding of current noise-related Regulations and Standards
- Ability to use noise engineering software such as Soundplan, Matlab, AutoCad or similar
- Excellent English language and report writing skills with the ability to interpret and communicate information of a complex nature
- Available to travel locally or internationally, offshore and onshore, sometimes on short notice
- Hold a valid unrestricted driver’s license
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Click Here to Apply