*Visa sponsorship is available for this position
As a Senior Acoustics Engineer, you will have the opportunity to direct and contribute to the concept, development, and design of complex components, subsystems, or processes while strengthening your analytical skills and mastery of engineering concepts. You will partner with and provide technical guidance to global teams. You will contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and coach team members, and broaden your professional network.
This position can be located in either our Sanford, NC or Clayton, NC facilities. Option for hybrid work environment (remote and on site). Must be available to work on site when necessary.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Researching and developing new technology in the area of acoustic engineering. This includes resolution of complex noise and vibration design issues to achieve competitive interior machine noise targets and external machine noise requirements.
- Performing analytical and experimental sound predictions and associated validation for machine sound platforms.
- Developing test plans and procedures for sound validation for new product development
- Performing sound testing of machines, components, and materials.
- Supporting Regulatory & Product Compliance (R&PC) with sound conformity requirements.
- Preparing Noise Technical Construction Files and maintain sound certifications and declaration of conformity specific to each machine product
- Maintaining production sound test sites including data acquisition systems, production sound data retention and annual audits
- Providing engineering solutions to problems arising from production, field, and factory issues emerging from current machine products.
- Communicating results to machine product group customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering curriculum with coursework and/or project experience in acoustics
- Relevant work experience in acoustics – 5 or more years with Bachelor Degree or 3 or more years with Master Degree
- Masters degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering curriculum with coursework and/or project experience in acoustics
- Strong analytical skills
- Background in regulations and compliance
- Background in acoustics or sound development
- Experience with small construction machines and industry
Relocation assistance is available for this position (domestic)
Sponsorship is available for this position
ISE is not available for this position
Taylor Cavazos email@example.com; apply at https://cat.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/CaterpillarCareers/job/Sanford-North-Carolina/Senior-Engineer--Sound-Development_R0000116037