Senior Acoustics Cousultant: White River Junction, VT, Burlington, VT, Chicago, IL, or Arlington, VA
RSG is seeking an experienced Acoustics consultant to join our growing consulting firm. This position will be based in one of the following RSG office locations: White River Junction, VT, Burlington, VT, Chicago, IL, or Arlington, VA.
AS A SENIOR CONSULTANT
You work with a team of acousticians who provide noise control engineering services for clients in a variety of sectors including energy (e.g. wind power generation and electric transmission), transportation, mining, government, recreation and tourism, commercial, industrial, and architecture. You perform noise assessments, sound monitoring, and acoustics modeling, develop mitigation plans, and provide expert testimony related to environmental permitting.
Manage all stages of the project cycle including project design/scoping, data management, analysis, and mitigation planning.
- Manage all phases of development work, including nurturing and developing strategic client relationships and the preparation of proposals and budgets.
- Communicate complex technical materials in concise and meaningful ways to project team members, clients, and project stakeholders
- Develop and implement innovative approaches to acoustical engineering
- Ensure work product for assigned projects are delivered on time and in accordance with RSG business standards
- Mentor and manage staff assigned to projects
- Develop project plans, including timelines, inputs, and outputs at various stages
- Contribute to strategies to grow existing and develop new business lines
- Identify potential roadblocks throughout the project life cycle and work with team leadership to develop contingency plans to mitigate risk and ensure project deliverable deadlines are met
- Master’s degree or advanced degree (or equivalent work experience) in acoustics, engineering, physics, or mathematics strongly preferred
- INCE Board Certification
- Proficient with using R, Python, and/or VBA
- FHWA’s TNM
- FAA’s AEDT
- PMP or other project management certification/training
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine or computer printer
- Frequently communicates with colleagues and clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for extended periods of time.
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling
- Ability to hike to remote locations carrying equipment up to 50lbs.
Periodic travel is required. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Please visit our employment page: http://rsginc.com/join-us