EEA Consulting Engineers is committed to fostering an inclusive and sustainable workplace. From the moment our doors opened, EEA has focused on being a catalyst for developing successful employees and enriching company growth, this sentiment was further strengthened when we became Employee-Owned nearly twenty years ago. We are devoted to creating an environment where our Employee-Owners strive for professional and personal growth while cultivating strong interpersonal relationships with each other and our clients. We believe in supporting our Employee-Owners to the fullest extent - EEA has been recognized as a Top Workplace for over a decade. We are comprised of professional engineers, engineers-in-training, designers, and administrative professionals who span across our four office locations. We provide a wide range of MEP and ANV consulting services to a multitude of market sectors. Join us and become an Employee-Owner!
We are seeking a Senior Acoustical Engineer to join our Acoustics, Noise, and Vibration (ANV) team. This team provides field measurement surveys, assessments, troubleshooting, and creative solutions to unique demands within a wide range of market sectors. This position is responsible for researching, planning, and coordinating the acoustics, noise, and vibration elements of multiple client projects. The ideal candidate will be located in Austin, TX, but we are open to candidates located in other areas. A remote work schedule may be offered on an as-needed basis.
- Provide high quality acoustic, noise, and vibration engineering advice on a wide variety of projects in academic, government, healthcare, industrial, and commercial market sectors
- Manage building and environmental acoustics consultation efforts throughout the entirety of the project
- Develop high-quality acoustics and vibration reports, details, and specifications
- Review and comment on team construction documentation drawings and specification documents
- Analyze acoustic solutions and vibration calculations using appropriate software
- Perform onsite acoustic testing and noise surveys
- Perform onsite observations to review the implementation of a project’s acoustical solutions
- Coordinate with design team members concerning acoustical and vibration design details
- Assist with business development, proposal writing and project periodic invoicing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or a related field from an accredited institution
- 8-12+ years of acoustics, noise, and vibration engineering experience
- Significant experience working in the acoustical consulting environment
- Knowledge and familiarity with acoustical terms and procedures, including ASTC, AIIC, STC, OITC, NC, NRC and RT or T60
- Expertise in a broad range of acoustical disciplines, including room acoustics, architectural sound isolation, mechanical system noise and vibration control, environmental noise, and structural vibration
- General knowledge of sound masking as a supplement or enhancement of architectural sound isolation and privacy
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with clients, pre-existing client connections are a plus
- Excellent multi-tasking capabilities across multiple projects
- Exceptional verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, must be highly proficient in Excel
- Proficiency with technical equipment such as B&K and Larson Davis
- Knowledge of design team collaborative applications such as AutoCAD, BIM360, and BlueBeam Revu
- Professional Engineer license
- Institute of Noise Control Engineering (INCE) Board Certification
- Professional affiliation with acoustical related organization such as ASA, ASHRAE, INCE, or IIAV
- Knowledge of acoustic analysis software such as SoundPLAN, Insul, FEM/FEA, Odeon, CATT, EASE, Max/MSP are a plus
What We Offer
- Annual merit increases based on work performance
- Annual profit-sharing bonus, contingent on company performance
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision insurance plans. Medical coverage for individual employees is paid in full by EEA
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) retirement account. EEA on average contributes 12% of an employee's salary into the ESOP Trust each year, at no cost to the employee!
- 401k with company match, available the first day of the next month following start date
- $50,000 in Life Insurance at no cost to the employee
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage at no cost to the employee
- Flexible working hours and hybrid schedule
- Fun company events, outings, and happy hours
- ‘Dress for Your Day’ dress code
EEA Consulting Engineers is an Employee-Owned, full-service mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) consulting engineering firm serving new and existing facilities in all market sectors. Founded in 1977 in Austin, Texas, as an energy conservation engineering consultant, EEA has since grown to offer MEP design, building commissioning, process utility engineering, utility master planning, acoustics, noise, and vibration engineering, as well as continuing in energy conservation. EEA has successfully completed projects worldwide in both prime and sub-consultant roles and is licensed in all 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
As a Top Workplace company, our employees enjoy contributing to EEA’s Mission by being pleasant to work with, flexible in team efforts, and having fun at work. We strive to uphold EEA’s Core Values of Flexibility, Integrity, Excellence, Sustainability, Transparency, and Accountability.
EEA Consulting Engineers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, age, or any other legally protected status.
Emily Sanders email@example.com