Senior Acoustical Consultant: San Francisco, CA
Vibro-Acoustic Consultants is a vibration and acoustical design engineering consultant located in San Francisco, CA. We have been providing design, monitoring and measurement services in our field in both nation-wide and global scales for nearly two decades. We are currently seeking applicants for a Senior Acoustical Consultant/Engineer position. The Consultant will work on a wide range of high-profile projects concerned with room and building acoustics, environmental noise, and HVAC, MEP, and vibration noise control. He/she has the capability to address complex real-scenario problems by providing optimized, innovative, and cost effective solutions. The Consultant is also highly experienced in the field of project management maintaining effective coordination with project architects and other construction disciplines, mentoring staff, and building a strong network of current and future clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide acoustical design and consulting in architectural acoustics, environmental noise control and vibration isolation.
- Manage all aspects of the assigned projects and work closely with each discipline in the development of projects from beginning to end, focusing on budget, scheduling, design, client and consultant communication and coordination.
- Conduct field measurements and room acoustics and vibration computer modeling and perform noise calculations.
- Analyze the results of the measurement, calculation, and simulation for different noise and vibration applications including indoor/outdoor noise, MEP and HVAC noise, speech intelligibility, and room acoustics.
- Review and comment on architectural, mechanical, and structural drawings and design recommendations as well as vendor-provided specifications.
- Prepare reports, memorandums, and proposals for bidding new projects and negotiate contract bids.
- Serve as a technical resource for other staff members of the firm, providing thoughtful leadership and subject matter expertise.
- Travel to projects site to observe and document acoustic-related issues.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience
- BS in Acoustics, Architectural/Mechanical Engineering, Physic or related field
- Excellent problem-solving, multi-tasking, managerial, and organizational skills
- Expertise with sound and vibration test equipment and monitoring systems
- Familiarity with sustainable design principles
- Proficient in MS office, Adobe Acrobat and acoustical modeling software including EASE, SoundPLAN, INSUL, or equivalent
- Rigorous data processing and analysis skills
- MS degree
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Proficiency in AutoCAD systems, REVIT
- Proficiency in numerical simulations, e.g. FEM, BEM, FDTD
- Member of ASA, INCE-USA or AES
- LEED AP
Compensations & benefits
Vibro-Acoustic Consultants offers competitive salaries commensurate with each candidate’s qualifications. Benefits include 15 days of paid time off, holidays, a flexible work schedule, health and dental insurance, bonuses, and a relocation expenses allowance.