Senior Acoustic Consultant: Pittsburgh, PA
BrightTree Studios is a Pittsburgh-based technology design studio. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by the Pittsburgh Business Times, we work internationally with top universities, corporations, hospitals, and other such institutions on unique projects in the AV/IT/Security/Acoustic fields. Our focus is on creating a complete package for our clients, including planning and programming, technology and software visioning, construction documentation, and detailed system designs.
BrightTree Studios is looking for a senior acoustic consultant to support our growing client base. A talented individual who is committed to excellence, who thrives in an environment of collaboration, and who demonstrates a high degree of enthusiasm. The successful candidate will be self-motivated with great communication skills and the ability to work on a team with others to accomplish our client’s goals.
- Design in a collaborative setting with senior designers and drafting support staff
- Consult on projects related to room acoustics, sound isolation, mechanical system noise and vibration, and environmental noise.
- Develop specifications, acoustical reports, drawings, details, and cost analyses
- Perform onsite acoustical testing
- Use acoustical modeling software
- Review shop drawings and submittals
- Research code issues to comply with city, state, and county regulations
- Perform onsite acoustical inspections to review project’s acoustical implementations
- Take ownership of completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of the work assignments
- Project management
- Attend and participate in local and out-of-town project meetings
- Build and maintain architectural client relationships
- Perform QC checks on all deliverable work prior to release to clients
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- 7+ years’ experience working in the acoustical consulting field
- Familiarity with creating proper acoustical documentation for higher education facilities, libraries, theaters, studios, healthcare, and commercial buildings.
- Working knowledge of both AutoCAD 2017 and Revit 2017 or higher
- Knowledge of EASE, Autodesk Simulation, and CATT-Acoustics
- Working knowledge of Blue Beam Revu
- A working understanding of vibration control
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management skills, to be able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Industry thought leadership through speaking engagements, published articles, and blog posts
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, architectural engineering, or physics with a concentration in acoustics or vibration is required. Master's degree in acoustics, noise and/or vibration control preferred.
BrightTree Studios offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com.