Senior Acoustic Consultant: Hawthorne, CA
Noise Monitoring Services is seeking a Senior Acoustical Consultant to join our firm. NMS is a small and fast-growing full-service acoustical consultancy based in Hawthorne, California. We have a wide variety of projects and you can expect varied and interesting work. We work on long-term and short-term projects in various sectors. Long-term contracts include work for the LA Metro construction, Porsche Cars America and several local construction projects. Other projects include OSHA workplace noise surveys, residential development studies, commercial facility studies (restaurants/hotels etc.), Environmental Impact Reports, equipment testing, FIIC/NIC testing and underwater acoustic monitoring.
Due to the high demand for our services from a wide variety of clients, we are usually able to choose the projects that are of most interest to us. The successful candidate can expect a varied and fulfilling job and to be appropriately rewarded for contributing to the success of the company. Our range of acoustical services can be adapted to suit the expertise of the successful candidate.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Physics. Acoustical, mechanical or related engineering degree is preferred.
- At least three years of experience working as an Acoustical Consultant and knowledge of local and state noise standards.
- Manage all aspects of assigned projects from start to finish, including defining scope of work, writing proposals, estimating budgets, scheduling and providing high quality deliverables to the client.
- Conduct or supervise field noise and vibration measurements and monitoring.
- Perform noise analysis, calculations and provide reports with mitigation recommendations to achieve local, state and federal noise standards.
- Conduct noise modeling and analysis for industrial/commercial/residential developments and construction sites.
The ideal applicant will:
- Be a highly motivated self-starter with a strong academic and practical engineering background.
- Have excellent project management, report writing and presentation skills and be highly organized.
- Demonstrate considerable knowledge in the field of acoustical consulting and experience working on a variety of project types.
- Have knowledge of local, state and federal noise ordinances, including CALGreen/Title 24 standards, HUD standards.
- Be experienced in the use of noise and vibration measurement and monitoring equipment such as Bruel & Kjaer, Sigicom, Svantek and Casella sound level meters.
- Have experience conducting FIIC/FSTC/NIC tests.
- Have sales experience, including ability to understand client needs, and to define scope and budget for projects and write proposals.
- Be experienced in the use of SoundPlan or equivalent noise modeling software
- Demonstrate proficiency using Microsoft Office software.
Please send your resume to Thomas Corbishley, Principal Consultant at email@example.com.