Offshore Noise/ Senior Acoustical Engineer: Boston, MA
There is complete flexibility where the person in this role can be based.
The Noise / Acoustical Engineer will be part of a team that is focusing on renewables, particularly underwater wind farms. There is ample opportunity to grow and expand your career path, the company is multinational, a top 10 ENR firm, and has a diverse group of talented people.
The Noise / Acoustical Consultant will work in challenging and variable environments that will include detail-oriented independent work, travel, and client interactions.
- Capturing and analyzing noise measurement data (ambient, compliance, and source) using field equipment
- Willing to travel and conduct field work in a range of environments from busy urban areas to remote locations, on land and at sea
- Estimating sound levels of various types of sources (e.g., industrial, transportation)
- Conducting underwater acoustic assessments, including modeling analyses to evaluate propagation and attenuation of underwater noise for use in determining potential impacts on marine mammals or other aquatic species
- Conducting computer modeling of noise levels at a distance using CadnaA
- Quantifying the effectiveness of noise mitigation, including barriers
- Critically reviewing and interpreting local, state, provincial, and federal environmental regulations
- Preparing reports and communicating results to clients
- Managing projects and client relationships
- B.S. or M.S. in an Engineering, Science, or Mathematics related major
- At least 10 years of experience conducting environmental noise assessments, especially underwater/offshore
- Solid spreadsheet, noise modeling, and software tool skills
- Demonstrated capabilities in understanding and applying environmental regulations to real-world situations
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently and at remote job sites
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org