Noise and/or Air Quality Analyst: USA
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
Come join our Air, Noise and Environmental Planning group. Youll have an opportunity to work with an outstanding team on some of the most large, complex and exciting transportation and infrastructure projects throughout the country. As part of our team, you will perform all aspects of air and / or noise analyses for a range of project types and clients. You will be responsible for the design and technical aspects of air and/or noise projects and will have opportunities to contribute to task assignee duties and business development.
This position could be based anywhere in the country while working within our Great Lakes Practice.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Conducts transportation noise and/or AQ studies for highway and transit projects and formulates the results into concise, well-written documents.
- Attends meetings with clients and responsible agencies and assists with preparation of noise and/or AQ analysis methods and results.
- Participates as a subject matter contributor in public involvement activities, including presentations at public workshops and public hearings.
- Assists with coordination with Federal, State and Local regulatory agencies
Additional essential responsibilities include:
- Finalizes production of environmental documents, transportation plans and reports.
- Coordinates with sub-consultants and in-house personnel on a regular basis to complete assigned tasks.
- May oversee the work of less experienced staff
- Uses technical software to perform project analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of scopes of work, fee proposals and responses to RFPs.
- Final production of graphics associated with public meetings, presentation drawings, reports, etc.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- 4 years related experience or 2 years related experience with Masters degree in related field
- Bachelors degree in Planning, Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field
- Experience in highway or transit noise and/or AQ analysis and modeling is required.
- Experience with the EPA MOVES2014a (MOVES) and CAL3QHC 2.0 (CAL3QHC) air quality modeling tools
- Experience in the use of FHWA and FTA noise modeling and related tools, including Traffic Noise Model (TNM), ArcGIS, MicroStation, and transit noise and vibration impact assessment.
- Experience in the analysis of the range of available data used to perform environmental analysis of highway and transit projects.
See the job posting at: https://hntb.jobs/milwaukee-wi/noise-and-or-air-quality-analyst/C4ADD28D4B5E464B8106A83E77D4A02D/job/
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.