Noise Analyst, Planner IV: USA (Remote)
This position could be based anywhere in the country while working within our Great Lakes Practice.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Conducts transportation noise studies for highway and transit projects and formulates the results into concise, well-written documents.
- Prepares environmental impact assessments and related studies.
- Oversees and participates in development of highway and transit noise analyses and documentation.
- Attends meetings with clients and responsible agencies and presents noise analysis methods and results.
- Participates as a subject matter expert in public involvement activities, including presentations at public workshops and public hearings.
- Coordinates and consults with Federal, State and Local regulatory agencies on scope and impact of project.
- Researches, writes and prepares transportation planning studies, NEPA environmental documents, and associated environmental permits.
Additional essential responsibilities include:
- Environmental analysis, data collection, preparing written documentation of data and analyses that will be reviewed by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Coordinate with project team members, clients and government agencies assist with the interpretation of environmental regulations and permits
- Direct, coordinate and review technical work performed by other environmental project team members, particularly subconsultants.
- Perform quality reviews of environmental deliverables and plan sets to ensure mitigation commitments and client requirements are met.
- Prepare scopes of work, fee proposals and respond to RFP’s.
- Participate on design-build teams on the owner’s behalf or the contractor's behalf.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- 6 years related experience
- 4 years related experience (with Master's degree in Planning or related)
- RLA, RA, PE registration or AICP, CEP certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field.
- PE registration or AICP, CEP or other related certification
- Experience in highway or transit noise analysis and modeling is required.
- Experience in the use of FHWA and FTA noise modeling and related tools, including Traffic Noise Model (TNM), ArcGIS, MicroStation, and transit noise and vibration impact assessment.
- Experience in the analysis of the range of available data used to perform environmental analysis of highway and transit projects.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Experience with air quality analyses and associated tools to support NEPA environmental documents
Contact Jennifer Kilian, Sr. Recruiter HNTB, email@example.com or apply directly at: