Noise Analyst: Irvine, CA
To support our growth, we are seeking an entry level Noise Analyst to contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. An applicant for the entry level Noise Analyst position would work with current ICF noise staff to conduct noise analyses for development and transportation projects in support of ICF’s southern California Region. An entry level Noise Analyst at ICF would have the opportunity to apply their academic knowledge, gain exposure to major projects, build their project management skills, interact with experts and clients in the field, while building content knowledge and consulting skills. Our southern California offices provide environmental planning, transportation, and energy-related professional services to public and private clients throughout the state of California.
- Conducts field studies and traffic noise modeling under the supervision of senior noise staff.
- Helps to prepare written Noise Study Reports (NSR) and Noise Abatement Decision Reports (NADR) consistent with the requirements of 23CFR772 and the Caltrans Traffic Noise Analysis Protocol.
- Coordinates and conducts field work related to noise analyses for various types of projects under the supervision of senior noise staff.
- Aids with the preparation of noise modeling using the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Traffic Noise Model (TNM), rail noise modeling using Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) models, construction noise modeling using the FHWA Roadway Construction Noise Model (RCNM), and general noise modeling using SoundPLAN, under the supervision of senior noise staff.
- Assists senior noise staff with the creation of written noise technical reports for transportation, industrial, commercial development, and construction projects including, but not limited to, projects prepared under the requirements of CEQA and NEPA.
- Interacts effectively with other staff and stakeholders/clients.
- Aids senior noise staff with the preparation of project proposals and scopes and budgets as needed for projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in acoustics, physics, engineering, environmental science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience in noise analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task under strict deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and work well alone and within a team.
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Ability to conduct outdoor fieldwork for extended periods, including lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide own vehicle, with willingness to travel locally for fieldwork and meetings, and occasional overnight travel as necessary.
The following qualifications are not essential for an entry level position, but are considered highly desirable:
- 0-3 years of experience in noise monitoring and analysis.
- Basic understanding of Federal or State guidelines such as 23CFR772, or Caltrans Traffic Noise Analysis Protocol and Technical Noise Supplement (TeNS).
- Basic understanding of TNM, SoundPLAN, or similar noise modeling software.
- General understanding of NEPA and CEQA guidelines.
- Experience with developing and maintaining project schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with project managers and senior noise and transportation staff.
- A basic understanding of MicroStation or AutoCAD.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package with no waiting period. Coverage options include Health, Dental, 401K, etc. We also provide an award winning talent development program and ICF fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce. ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success.
To apply, follow this link: https://www.icf.com/careers/jobs/R1802241