Lead Acoustical Consultant: San Diego, CA
RNS Acoustics is a five-year-old acoustical consulting company based out of southern California. We offer acoustic and vibration solutions for everything from home studios to multi-million dollar facilities. Typical projects include industrial equipment vibration isolation, HVAC noise reduction, noise barrier design, amphitheater acoustic design, studio design and architectural acoustic design. We service clients all across the USA including the University of California San Diego, Rush Cycle Studios, Orange Theory Fitness, HP Inc, Northrup Grumman, Kirei USA, and Westcoat Specialty Systems. We are always looking for new challenges and opportunities.
RNS Acoustics is currently seeking an experienced acoustical consultant for their San Diego office. A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors in Acoustics, Electrical, Mechanical, Physics, Mathematics or similar field of study.
- Will also accept an associate’s degree in acoustical engineering
- 3 -5+ years of experience in acoustic consulting (required)
- Able to prepare technical reports for multi-faceted acoustic analysis and design
- Strong skills in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Familiarity with acoustic measurements and reporting standards, including ASTM E1007, E336, E413, E989 and C423.
- 2D and 3D CAD experience (Experience reviewing, verifying and marking up architectural, electrical and mechanical plans)
- Thorough understanding of various acoustic analysis software such as Insul, Ease, Mezzo, Dewesoft, Olive Tree Labs, REW
- Solid mathematical fundamentals relating to acoustic calculations.
- Exceptional technical writing and presentation skills
- Familiarity with data acquisition and digital signal processing.
Additional Skills (not required, but a plus)
- Python/Matlab or other software development
- Able to perform, or quickly acquire the skills to perform, all facets of acoustic measurements, analysis and reporting.
- Conduct STC, IIC, RT60 and vibration field measurements as well as CNEL and noise studies required by various cities.
- Analyze transmission loss data, impact isolation data, reverberation time data and vibration data.
- Develop acoustically robust floor and wall assembly details.
- Create 2D construction drawings detailing recommendations.
- Create noise models for environmental analysis such as barrier, terrain and traffic noise.
- Familiarity with LEED Acoustic guidelines.
- Site Verification visits to ensure proper installation of provided specifications
- Managing projects for delivery of services on time and within budget
- Drafting proposals and providing qualification for potential projects.
- Manage and delegate to one or more associate engineers.
- Interacting with clients and presenting reports/ recommendations in a clear and easy to understand manner.
- Some travel will be required.Frequency depends on client needs.
- This is a full-time position with benefits (Health, Dental Vision) as well as Paid Time Off and Holidays.The salary will be competitive and commensurate with the qualifications of the successful applicant.
- Combination of in office and remote.
At RNS we pride ourselves in our relaxed small business/entrepreneurial environment. As a relatively new company, each team member’s opinion is valued, and all viewpoints considered before major decisions are made. We offer flexible working hours, based on each individual’s needs, all we ask is that you meet your deadlines, communicate with the team, and maintain excellent relationships with our clients.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org