Soft dB – Acoustics & Vibration Experts is the largest firm of engineers specialized in acoustics and vibration in Canada. For over 25 years, we have been recognized worldwide for our cutting-edge expertise in acoustical and vibration engineering, and our sound masking technology. We have more than 120 employees and several offices in North America and Europe.
We are a fast-growing company and we are currently seeking an experienced “Intermediate Engineer in Acoustics” for our Consulting division located in our Mississauga, Ontario office.
It is your chance to join a dynamic company with unparallel opportunities for professional growth and development!
- Manage noise and vibration projects in industrial, transport (road, rail, air, etc.), environment, architectural, etc.
- Perform field noise and vibration measurements.
- Post-process and analyze measurements using Soft dB’s in-house software modules and other tools.
- Model sound propagation using specialized acoustical software (Cadna for outdoor propagation and Rap-One II for indoor propagation).
- Write technical reports and presentations.
- Liaise with clients.
- Participate in business development and obtaining new mandates in collaboration with Soft dB director.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor in engineering.
- Asset: Professional status as a Professional Engineer, P.Eng. (PEO).
- More than 3 years of experience.
- Knowledge of acoustics, wave propagation and vibration.
- Knowledge in instrumentation/acoustic measurements and vibrations.
- Mastery of typical basic office software, Excel and computer tools in general.
- Proactive, open-minded, reliable, rigorous, flexible, strong sense of responsibility and good communication skills.
- Business development skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Asset: Knowledge of industrial design.
General Conditions & Why Join Us
- Full time, permanent
- Flexible schedule: 40 hours/week
- Attractive salary
- Hybrid: From home and from our office in Mississauga, ON (320 Matheson Blvd W Suite # 107, Mississauga, ON L5R 3R1)
- Generous employer contribution to employee RRSP (after 2 years of seniority)
- Telemedicine/stress support program and EAP
- State-of-the-art office and computer equipment provided (computers, cell phone, software suites, etc.)
- Lump sum for home office (after 3 months)
- Acoustics and vibration training
- Stimulating work environment with passionate teams (and fun social activities!)
- Free espresso coffee
- Offices closed between Christmas and New Year's
Interested in this position? We want to hear from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Hybrid remote in Mississauga, ON
Send your application to: Carlos Yoong Director of Consulting – Ontario Office firstname.lastname@example.org