Environmental Acoustician: California
Dudek is seeking a strong environmental acoustician candidate with 3-5 years of experience in the environmental consulting industry to support our growing environmental noise practice. An environmental acoustician leads the characterization of ambient noise environments both at the project-site and community level, quantifies noise generation from proposed development or land planning activities, and formulates recommendations for the management of predicted noise levels for compliance with applicable regulations.
This position may be based at one of the following California offices: Sacramento, Oakland, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara, Pasadena, San Juan Capistrano, or San Diego.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing noise and vibration impact studies for a range of projects in accordance with CEQA / NEPA requirements.
- Designing and leading field studies to measure and characterize existing noise and vibration conditions in project areas.
- Conducting noise and vibration measurements to demonstrate compliance with noise ordinances, building codes, standards, specifications, and ANSI guidelines.
- Conducting detailed acoustic modeling and mitigation analyses using software such as TNM 2.5 and CadnaA, including future exterior noise level prediction and exterior to interior noise attenuation assessment (transmission loss of building shell components).
- Communicate and explain acoustic technical concepts to clients.
- Build relationships with external clients and actively market Dudek's acoustic services.
- Participate in preparing proposals in pursuit of future project work opportunities.
Education and Essential Skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Physics, Acoustics, Environmental Science, or related subjects.
- 3-5 years related experience and proven track-record in acoustic consulting pursuant to the requirements of CEQA and NEPA.
- Knowledge, understanding, and experience with transportation and construction-related noise and vibration analysis methodologies accepted by FHWA/FTA (e.g., FTA’s Noise and Vibration Handbook) and advanced noise modeling software such as CadnaA
- Experience using spreadsheet-based noise and vibration models
- Experience using equipment and accepted methods to measure sound and vibration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, quantitative and/or modeling skills a plus
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and the ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Organized, detail oriented
- Service-oriented, motivated self-starter with sound business practices
Dudek is a leading California-based environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. Founded in 1980, Dudek is a stable company that has grown steadily to over 400 professionals in California, Hawaii, and Oregon.
As an employee owned company, Dudek’s culture rewards smart, productive team members with professional and financial benefits. Our office environments are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!
Contact Information: To be considered, please complete this online application.