Environmental Acoustical Consultant: Long Beach, CA
NV5 is seeking an Environmental Noise Consultant whose primary job responsibility will focus on noise assessments/studies. This position requires the ability to perform fieldwork, knowledge of modeling techniques and regulatory requirements, clear writing and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and may require occasional travel.
- Perform specialized noise impact studies for industrial projects identifying mitigation measures needed to comply with regulatory requirements and impact thresholds
- Develop noise mitigation measures and quantification of measure performance
- Conduct sound level monitoring and environmental noise surveys
- Prepare noise assessment portion of EIR studies
- Guide junior senior staff in their technical work
- Report Writing
- Attending meetings
- Site visits, RFI responses, and proposal submittals
- Business travel expected 20 % throughout North America
- Post-secondary degree in Science, Engineering, Acoustics
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook software
- Demonstrated competence in technical report writing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Focused on details and accuracy, be able to recognize errors and discrepancies
- Ability to meet deadlines, willingness to put in effort required to get work done on schedule and within budget
- Self-reliant but also able to work well within a team environment
- Ability to solve simple technical problems that could arise in the course of a project
- Ability to work independently and thrive in an environment that provides quality, solution-oriented consulting services
- INCE Board Certified is a plus.
- + 5 years of experience in acoustics consulting
- High level comprehension of noise and vibration regulations and their relationship to CEQA/NEPA assessments
- Experienced with appropriate noise modeling and impact assessment methods recommended by the FHWA, FTA, FAA, Caltrans, etc.
- Experienced with noise modeling software such as FHWA TNM, FHWA RCNM, and CadnaA/SoundPlan
- Ability to perform fieldwork
- Knowledge of modeling techniques and regulatory requirements
- Clear writing and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills
Please contact Cecile Felsher at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.