Burns & McDonnell’s Kansas City office is looking for an Assistant Noise Specialist to provide acoustic and noise control consulting services to industrial, power generation, electric transmission, healthcare, federal, mission critical, aviation, and utility clients. Burns & McDonnell is a 100% employee-owned firm voted as a Best Place to Work in Kansas City and numerous other cities across the United States.
This position will provide on-the-job training to perform environmental noise control and acoustics analyses for clients. This position provides the opportunity for an entrepreneurial candidate to develop into an experienced noise specialist under the direction of our acoustic and noise control team. The candidate will help grow our acoustical consulting services within an established environmental business line at one of the industry’s leading firms.
The Assistant Noise Specialist will assist project teams to develop noise mitigation designs for a variety of new projects. The Assistant Noise Specialist will work with the project team throughout the design process, adapting noise mitigation designs according to budget constraints, design factors or client needs. Job responsibilities and qualifications are as follows:
- Acoustical and Vibration Consulting: Provide acoustical consulting in architectural acoustics, building mechanical acoustics, audio-visual systems, and environmental noise control and vibration isolation projects.
- Conduct field measurements for sound level and vibration analyses.
- Perform acoustical modeling and vibration analyses.
- Prepare reports and communicate noise control designs with internal project teams and clients.
- Develop equipment specifications with various project teams.
- Up to 25% domestic travel will be required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 0-2+ years’ experience
- Bachelor or masters degree in Acoustics, Sciences, or Engineering
- Previous internship and/or related experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Basic computer skills include AutoCAD, ArcGIS and other analysis programs.
- Noise modeling and acoustical software experience in Cadna, SoundPLAN, or similar.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Member of Acoustical Society of America (ASA) and/or Institute of Noise Control Engineering (INCE) preferred
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship) in the country where this position is located.
Please send your resume to Gabriel Weger at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit our website at www.burnsmcd.com.