Description - External
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec’s Environmental Services practice seeks a Junior to Intermediate Acoustics/Noise Consultant to support our expanding U.S. environmental acoustics and noise practice. In this role you would collaborate with our scientists and engineers supporting clients in a variety of sectors, including the energy and power, site development and planning, transportation, and federal markets. The acoustics/noise team provides support throughout project development, construction, and operational phases with a full suite of specialized technical services including planning, design, monitoring, modeling, permitting, public outreach, expert witness, and post-construction studies.
This opportunity location is flexible, within our established U.S. office locations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Contribute to noise/acoustics projects and tasks from proposal to completion, working with the acoustics team to deliver projects on schedule, and within scope and budget.
- Conduct technical analysis, modeling, and measurement.
- Participate in or lead site visits, field noise measurements surveys, post-processing of measurement data, and development of predictive noise models.
- Analyze and interpret acoustical modeling results, evaluate noise mitigation measures, and document the results of acoustical analyses through development of technical reports.
- Professional and technical development through mentorship and training.
Qualifications - External
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of acoustics and noise control is required. Knowledge of and experience in environmental acoustics/noise assessments is preferred.
- Experience with acoustical modeling software (e.g., CadnaA, TNM, or similar) and technical tools to support acoustics/noise analyses (spreadsheets, GIS.)
- Familiarity with acoustic measurement practices, software, and instrumentation (sound level meters).
- Experience reviewing local, state, and federal environmental regulations and permitting requirements.
- Vibration measurement experience is not required but would be beneficial. Experience with underwater noise (hydroacoustic) measurements and/or modeling would be an asset.
- Familiarity with scientific programming languages for data processing and analysis (Matlab, Python) would be beneficial.
- Experience working on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally.
- Strong work ethic, high ethical and quality standards, and a desire for team success.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Driver’s license with acceptable driving record required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in acoustics, engineering, physical sciences, or a related field is required. Coursework in acoustics preferred.
- Two to six years of progressively responsible experience with technical specialization in acoustics and noise assessment.
- Experience in environmental acoustics/noise assessments is preferred.
- Task management experience would be beneficial.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Taylor Beck Taylor.Beck@Stantec.com (689) 345-4575