Acoustics Engineer: West Chicago, IL
This role will be an original contributor to research, product development, and problem-solving – working with team members in the acoustics laboratory to take projects or parts of projects from the concept phase through implementation. Documentation, communication of progress and results to both internal and external customers, and critical results will be a crucial part of this individual’s role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct diagnostic noise and vibration measurements to reduce sound levels in commercial vehicles and other products under the supervision of senior staff.
- Perform standardized acoustical tests in accordance with ASTM, SAE, and ISO test standards.
- Coordinate with R&D staff in the development of noise control materials .
- Prepare and present technical reports to customers .
- Coordinate acoustical programs as directed by the VP of Technology.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fulfill all duties required per ISO 17025, ISO 9001 (Quality), and ISO 14001 (Environmental).
- Bachelor’s degree in Acoustics, Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years working in acoustics or noise control related field
- Experience in noise control, acoustical measurements, and data acquisition systems.
- Willing and capable of learning new software and scientific instrumentation skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication skills (English).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point) and general computer use.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Strong APQP skills; other appropriate skills as part of project development.
M-F, 8:30am - 5:00pm CST, or times close to these.
Alexander Severson, firstname.lastname@example.org