We are looking for an experienced Acoustics Engineer or Consultant to join our growing team!
Buro Happold and Vanguardia (a Buro Happold company) are one of the world’s leading acoustics and audio-visual consultancies delivering some of the most highly regarded music and sporting venues across the globe.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team. We are looking for an Engineer or Senior Engineer level candidate to provide acoustic engineering services to the group. You'll be part of an expanding US team collaborating closely with globally situated Buro Happold acoustics and Vanguardia teams. This large, experienced and technically accomplished team can provide mentoring, resources, and technical support. You will also enjoy access to the wider ecosystem of specialisms across Buro Happold, ranging from Computational design, Sustainability, Audio-Visual Design, Inclusive Design, Structural Engineering, MEP, and more.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will be varied and diverse however, your primary focus areas will include the following:
- Provide an Engineer or Senior Engineer level of service within the Acoustics Group of Buro Happold.
- Deliver technical work from initial design ideas, taking personal responsibility for the delivery.
- Assist Job Leaders in the running of acoustic projects.
- Deliver the highest quality work in a timely manner.
- Maintain good client relations throughout the job.
Given that your role is primarily in regard to delivering projects, we would expect that you will:
- Work within agreed budgets and profit targets, raising any concerns that arise to the Job Leader.
- Ensure all work completed is reviewed appropriately.
- Work with the Group Leader to understand the Client’s acoustic requirements and produce a brief.
- Prepare acoustic reports, drawings, specifications, and other deliverables.
- Inform and support building design aspirations, functionality, and architectural form throughout the design process.
- Carry out acoustic calculations such as sound insulation analysis, room acoustic studies, and noise control design.
- Create and maintain 3D acoustic computer models.
- Participate in on-site acoustic testing and construction supervision.
- Interpretate and apply relevant acoustic standards.
- Interface with other areas of the firm through project work.
- Work as part of a single or multi-disciplinary team attending and/or leading meetings with architects, planners, contractors, government agencies etc. in an advisory capacity.
- Be familiar, and comply, with all Buro Happold’s internal quality assurance procedures.
- Propose multiple solutions to challenges, being able to articulate the benefits and shortfalls of each to the client, taking into consideration other disciplines’ requirements within these solutions.
- Produce insightful reports, presentations, models and drawings as requested by the client to an excellent technical standard, high level of accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Ensure maintenance of ongoing learning and Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Maintain market knowledge of industry-leading technologies.
- Ongoing development of our design tools, including Revit, Rhino, Grasshopper and Dynamo.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Acoustical Engineering or a closely related field
- 2+ years post-graduate experience in engineering acoustics, electro-acoustics or engineering dynamics, within the context of the built environment, MEP / energy / industry or within buildings
- Proven experience in a comparable role
- Strong team player capability, with the potential to manage more junior team members, depending on grade
- Working knowledge of acoustical modelling software
- Effective communication capability
- Understanding of relevant policy and regulation
- Awareness of the problems and constraints of the other major design disciplines such as Architectural, Structures, Building Services/MEP, and Facades
What we offer:
- Salary range of $73,000 to $116,000. This will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience
- Generous benefits package
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Generous PTO (4 weeks) in addition to 10 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Hybrid working & summer hours
- Reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees
- Global network of experts
- Learning and development opportunities
- Be a part of our Young Employees Forum and our Diversity and Inclusion Forum
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org https://careers.burohappold.com/vacancy/acoustics-engineer-consultant-528104.html