Acoustics Engineer: Littleton, CO
Are you an Acoustical Engineer? Do you want to help run a world class acoustical lab and work with internal and external customers to develop and test a wide variety of products? Johns Manville is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Acoustics and Product Test Engineer to join our team.
The purpose of the position is to support the acoustics as well as fire, thermal, and physical testing areas for the Building Science & Product Performance Laboratories, which is a branch of the Innovation Operations team in Corporate Research and Development. In this position, the person will be responsible for performing measurements and providing expertise in acoustics and product testing to R&D and business unit programs as well as requests from external customers.
This position will be located at the Technical Center in Littleton, CO. The position reports to the Product Performance Research Manager.
- Ability to operate, calibrate, and maintain test equipment.
- Advanced understanding of acoustic, fire, thermal, and/or physical property characterization of materials and capacity to interpret test data.
- Recommend improvements to existing laboratory procedures.
- Develop new test methods to satisfy R&D and business unit needs.
- Act as a consultant to business units for product and process development.
- Issue test reports according to laboratories standard procedures.
- Comply with laboratory accreditation related requirements.
- Responsible for planning details of own work assignments to meet laboratory schedule and customer needs
- Participate on team or individual projects.
- BS in Engineering, Physics, or related field.
- 3 or more years of experience in acoustics or noise control.
- Experience calibrating, maintaining and operating acoustic laboratory equipment (including microphones, amplifiers, equalizers, speakers).
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, team members, and management.
- Ability to identify problems and provide resolution.
- Ability to build or prepare samples for testing.
- Ability to climb ladders as well as lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- MS in Engineering with 0-2 years of work experience in the areas of acoustics, fire, thermal, and/or physical property characterization.
- Experience working in the building materials industry.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Background in basic statistics.
- Knowledge of safe laboratory procedures and quality assurance programs.
Use this link to search for listing #JTC-6214.