Acoustics Engineer/Consultant: Oakland, CA
Coffman Engineers has been making a positive impact in the communities where we work for over 39 years. Our unique cultural balance of challenging projects and lively staff engagement has set us apart as a leading multi-discipline consulting engineering firm across the US. We are seeking a highly motivated Acoustical Engineer/Consultant to join our growing team of professionals in the Bay Area!
The ideal candidate will have work history that includes performing consulting services for external and internal clients utilizing acoustical engineering technical skills. This opportunity is for the candidate who can work well as a team player in a new acoustical group.
- Bachelors in a technical field related to Acoustics (Acoustical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, etc.)
- Higher Degree such as Masters or Ph.D (preferred, but not required)
- At least 2-3 years of experience in Acoustical Engineering or Acoustical Consulting
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluating and developing solutions to noise and vibration control problems
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary engineering design team to incorporate design and detailing appropriate for acoustical purposes as the project evolves
- Acoustical modeling, analysis, and testing
- Drafting reports, letters, and other documents summarizing results and recommendations
- Project schedule and budget management
Please use this link to begin the application process.
In your application, please address the following points:
- Discuss your background or knowledge of sound propagation:
- Discuss your knowledge of sound absorption vs sound transmission of room finishes:
- Discuss the effect a room can have on sound: