Acoustics Consultant: Seattle, WA or Washington DC
SIXENSE is an international company with expertise in the fields of technical, digital and scientific solutions for the construction, civil engineering and infrastructure management markets.
We have an in-house team of 30+ acoustic and environmental specialists (mainly in France and London) who provide noise and vibration services on some of the most challenging major infrastructure projects world-wide, including SR520 (Seattle, WA), Purple Line (DC), Crossrail, Thames Tideway Tunnel, HS2, Grand Paris Express, and the Melbourne Metro. Our acoustic consulting business is one of SIXENSE’s fastest growing areas of expertise.
In North America, we are based in Washington DC, Seattle, Los Angeles and Toronto.
We have an opportunity in our USA/CANADA team for an accomplished acoustical consultant to lead the Noise and Vibration expansion (as an expert for all the projects in the continent). As leader of a growing business, this is an excellent career-development opportunity for an ambitious and self-motivated individual who is driven by making a difference through innovation and teamwork. We are looking for someone to have key involvement in our ambitious business expansion plans, both in the USA/CANADA and globally. Currently the main business focus is within the area of construction noise and vibration management, though other acoustic related disciplines are also key markets we want to evaluate.
- Direct the vision and strategy of the acoustic business area through proactive decision making, communication and leadership.
- Take the lead on the day-to-day operations of the acoustic business activity.
- Provide technical expertise to specific projects or allocate and coordinate resources to ensure the required level of technical expertise is available at project level.
- Carry out upstream marketing
- Lead or oversee, validate and approve tenders.
- Provide specialist input to assist Project Managers to ensure noise and vibration deliverables are understood and carried out to an agreed programme and standard, whilst maintaining strong client relationships, optimising opportunities and profit and ensuring compliance with the company management system.
- Good track record of project management and an ability to build strong client relationships
- Planning, preparation and production of technical surveys, testing, modelling analysis, interpretation, assessment and report writing and technical review of surveys and reports, in respect of relevant standards and guidance
- Maintain control of costs and manage commercial and contractual aspects of acoustic projects (with assistance from the Commercial Manager).
- Link with the consultancy supports in France, UK and Australia.
- Qualified in Acoustics or a related subject
- Member of the INCE
- Knowledge of USA/CANADA legislation, policy and standards
- Good experience in undertaking construction noise and vibration assessments
- Broad experience in other environmental acoustics
If you are interested please contact email@example.com