Acoustician - Environmental: Seattle, WA
The Greenbusch Group is a multi-disciplinary engineering and consulting firm located in the Interbay neighborhood of Seattle, Washington. The Acoustical Department is seeking a dynamic and energetic individual to fill the position of Acoustician to support a wide variety of interesting projects.
The Greenbusch Acoustical Department provides the following services:
- Environmental noise and vibration (industrial, construction, etc.).
- HVAC noise and vibration (building systems, noise code compliance, etc.).
- Building acoustics (sound isolation, reverberation control, etc.).
- Test and measurement (environmental noise, building acoustics, vibration, etc.).
At a minimum, the Acoustician would initially be responsible for the following tasks:
- Perform environmental noise/vibration assessments (transportation, utilities, construction, etc.) using modeling software and manual calculations.
- Conduct short-term and long-term measurements of environmental noise/vibration, including ambient conditions and compliance monitoring.
- Develop acoustical recommendations to satisfy design criteria, coordinate with the design or permitting team, and prepare narratives and memoranda documenting analysis results.
- Perform building acoustics assessments on an as-needed basis.
- Lift 50 pounds and be able to transport measurement equipment to and from measurement sites throughout the Pacific Northwest.
- 3-5 years of experience as a consulting acoustician.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, mathematics, physical science or related field. A bachelor’s degree in Acoustics can be included in the experience requirement above.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written, and a high appreciation for quality customer service.
- Self-motivated, able to manage own schedule, coordinate multiple projects, and reliably meet deadlines.
- Experience with basic scientific testing protocols, data acquisition, data interpretation and reporting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel.
Other position details:
- Competitive salary and benefits package. US Citizenship or appropriate work visa is required.
- Electronic submission of a resume and transcripts should be sent to .
Contact Information: email@example.com