Acoustical Test Lab Group Leader: Indianapolis, IN
Collaborate with Innovative 3M'ers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3M'ers.
“A long-lasting career at 3M comes from having vision, imagination and the ability to see what doesn’t exist. 3M'ers are groundbreaking innovators and it’s important that we give every person the space for disruptive and creative thinking.” – John Banovetz, senior vice president and chief technology officer at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As an Acoustical Test Lab Group Leader at 3M, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Operating, maintaining and developing 3M Hearing Solutions’ internationally recognized and externally ISO 17025 accredited state-of-the-art acoustical laboratory for the evaluation of hearing protection devices using both human subject and objective testing means.
- Supporting new product R&D for 3M’s passive and active hearing protection devices intended for worldwide markets by evaluating, developing, and implementing regulated protection measurement methods.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams supporting scale-up and launch of modified and/or new hearing protection and protected communication devices by translating customer needs and business goals into tangible product related acoustical performance needs and requirements
- Provide insight into optimized acoustical design for hearing protection and protected communication devices, along with oversight and evaluation of product prototypes
- Develop an awareness of existing patent technologies and maintain awareness of current research and patent literature to facilitate generation of new intellectual property
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Acoustics, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Five (5) years of experience with acoustical engineering and measurement methods in a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in related discipline
- Board Certification by the Institute of Noise Control Engineering
- Experience working in an accredited laboratory and/or facility with ISO17025 certification
- Experience in the development of hearing protection devices or other safety and/or personal protection products
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple high priority projects efficiently and work with cross functional teams and across multiple functions and disciplines
You must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
To apply, click here to start your application: https://3m.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Search/job/US-Indiana-Indianapolis/Acoustical-Test-Lab-Group-Leader_R01017123