Acoustical Engineer / Traffic Noise: Multiple Locations
- Raleigh, NC
- Atlanta, GA
- Austin, TX
- Columbia, SC
- Nashville, TN
RK&K is hiring for a mid- to senior-level Traffic Noise / Acoustical Engineer to produce traffic noise impact and abatement analyses in support of transportation projects. The types of projects include Federal-aid, State-funded, and municipal highway and railway projects. Daily activities include obtaining and evaluating noise monitoring data, creating computer models, assessing traffic noise impacts, developing acoustically optimal sound barrier configurations, checking project plans and quantities, and report writing.
- Perform noise impact assessment, abatement design and optimization, and reporting according to requirements of the National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA), Federal regulations, and States’ policies.
- Conduct transportation noise studies, including scoping / estimating / scheduling, analysis, reporting, and client coordination
- Utilize engineering drawing software (Microstation, Geopak, AutoCAD, etc.), ArcGIS, and Microsoft® Office applications for various projects
- Collaborate as part of internal multidisciplinary design teams, and engage directly to maintain and build long-standing internal and external client relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Science, Industrial Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering – OR – Master’s Degree in Acoustics / Acoustical Engineering
- 5+ years related experience in an applied acoustical production environment
- Experience adhering to formal regulatory and/or policy criteria
- Experience obtaining, analyzing, and documenting sound level data
- Proficiency with FHWA Traffic Noise Model (FHWA TNM v2.5), preferably with formal training
- Experience with engineering drawing software (Microstation, Geopak, AutoCAD, etc.), ArcGIS, and Microsoft® Office applications
- Engineering design experience, preferably transportation-related
- Availability for occasional field work
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on several project assignments in parallel.
- Join company-wide team of 3 project leads, 5 analysts, and over a dozen support staff
- Location flexible with occasional attendance at RK&K’s Raleigh, North Carolina office as required to meet production needs. Majority home-based work possible based on proven proficiency.
Apply for Acoustical Engineer / Traffic Noise using the link below: