Phoenix Noise and Vibration LLC is an Acoustical Engineering firm located in Frederick, Maryland founded in October 2004 by a group of professionals with more than 30 years of combined experience in all aspects of noise and vibration control in the building industry. Our goal is to be the first choice for noise and vibration control services in the mid-Atlantic region.
The PNV environment will appeal to the independent, self-directed individual interested in being a part of a small but growing company. Working directly with the existing engineering staff will provide a unique opportunity for individual development in many aspects of acoustical engineering. With a client base predominantly in the DC area, there will be exposure and experience to a large metropolitan work environment. Located an hour from both Washington DC and Baltimore in beautiful historic Frederick Maryland, Phoenix Noise and Vibration LLC offers competitive wages and benefits for this full-time position.
- Manage small projects independently including scope development, proposals writing, reporting, revisions, and invoicing.
- Interact directly with clients.
- Conduct a variety of field measurements.
- Perform data reduction and analysis.
- Analyze noise and mitigation designs using computer modeling and traditional techniques for diverse topics including transportation noise, rooms acoustics, mechanical noise, and environmental noise.
- Work with architectural clients to analyze existing room spaces and design appropriate room acoustical characteristics.
- Develop drawings, details and exhibits using AutoCAD software.
- Author reports documenting measurement results, acoustical designs, and mitigation procedures.
- Incorporate small business operations into the engineering process.
- BS degree: Acoustical, Architectural, Mechanical, Civil, or Electrical Engineering or Physics
- Related study areas: Acoustics, Noise & Vibration control
- Solid grounding in acoustic principles related to building structure and acoustics, environmental acoustics, sound isolation, and mechanical noise control.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MSOffice, Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to read architectural, mechanical, and structural plans.
- Excellent verbal skills, written communication skills, and problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively, work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Able to work onsite in Frederic, MD (i.e., relocate to DC metro area, within "commutable distance to our office)
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Related study areas: HVAC noise analysis, Building Acoustics, Transportation Noise Analysis, Vibration, Finite Element Analysis
- Experience in: CadnaA, SoundPLAN, EASE, AIM, TRANE, INSUL, and/or FHWA: Traffic Noise Model
- Construction experience.
ABOUT PHOENIX NOISE & VIBRATION
Not Arizona! Phoenix Noise & Vibration, located in Frederick, Maryland, provides acoustical engineering services to Architects, Engineers, Land Developers, and Zoning Attorneys to develop feasible solutions to their particular acoustical issue. PNV offers a wide variety of acoustics, noise, and vibration services as they apply to residential and commercial buildings, research and government facilities, healthcare buildings, performance broadcasting spaces, and fitness centers.
Scott Harvey email@example.com 240-319-7111