At a minimum, the position would initially be responsible for the following tasks:
- Review building plans and analyze acoustical characteristics such as reverberation, sound isolation, HVAC system noise and vibration, structure borne sound transfer, etc.
- Develop acoustical recommendations to satisfy design criteria and coordinate with the design team.
- Develop design narratives and coordination memoranda, as required, to support the design process.
- Perform environmental noise/vibration assessments using modeling software and manual calculations.
- Conduct short-term and long-term acoustical measurements.
- Lift 50 pounds and be able to transport measurement equipment to and from measurement sites.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, mathematics, physical science, or related field.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written, and a high appreciation for quality customer service.
- Self-motivated, able to manage own schedule, coordinate multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- Experience with basic scientific testing protocols, data acquisition, data interpretation and reporting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel.
Other position details:
- Competitive salary and benefits package. US Citizenship or appropriate work visa is required.
- To apply, submit the following to email@example.com
- Cover letter expressing why this position interests you, what value you would bring to Greenbusch, and how it fits into your career plan.
- Resume and transcript (unofficial is acceptable).