RSG seeks an Analyst candidate to conduct acoustical analysis, modeling, and fieldwork in support of project tasks and client needs. This position will be located in White River Junction, VT.
Ready to apply? Submit your resume and application here:
- Plans and conducts fieldwork including sound level measurements following applicable standards and guidelines to ensure accurate and reliable data collection.
- Clearly communicates and documents fieldwork and project information.
Equipment Maintenance and Development
- Maintains existing sound monitors and other environmental monitoring equipment.
- Researches, develops, and implements new equipment systems.
- Downloads and analyzes acoustical data to quantify and characterize project sources and background environments.
- Analyzes, manages, and edits geospatial data for use in sound propagation models and develops report content.
- Builds and operates acoustical models (e.g., Cadna A, TNM) in support of accurate predictions of potential acoustical impacts and performance.
- Manages small projects or parts of larger projects with an increasing amount of responsibility.
- With oversight from supervisor or internal project manager, writes client reports and presentations.
Playing As A Team
- Onboards, mentors and helps train new junior staff.
- Independently manages work tasks in an organized manner, ensuring accurate, and efficient sharing of information with team members.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors in engineering, math, or science. Preferred degree in acoustics or related coursework.
- 0 to 3 years of related acoustics experience (dependent on coursework).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with acoustic measurements and equipment (e.g., short and long-term data collection with sound level meters)
- Strong analytic, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated abilities with analytic techniques (e.g., Excel, R, and/or Python)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with an ability to proactively organize and manage tasks
- Ability to be resourceful, resilient, and flexible in complex environments
- Demonstrated ability to deliver work on a timeline
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in teams
- Eager to engage in continuous learning and development
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Member or Associate Member of the Acoustical Society of America and/or the Institute of Noise Control Engineering
- Experience with sound propagation modeling software such as Cadna/A, Sound Plan, dBSea, and/or TNM
- Experience with geospatial datasets, ArcGIS, and AutoCAD
- May require frequent travel.
- Ability to hike up to 4 miles.
- Ability to carry equipment up to 50lbs.
- Ability to operate a vehicle and holds a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to take flights as needed and as required.
- Operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, or computer printer.
- Frequently involves standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- May require extended outdoor exposure and wilderness/terrain logistics.
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
- Frequently communicates with colleagues and clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
RSG is not currently accepting H-1B applicants for this position. EEO/AA Employer/ Vet/ Disabled.
- Honor Commitments: We make commitments to our clients, collaborators, colleagues, and community and we stick to them. Our commitments are rooted in strong ethics, honesty, and integrity.
- Embrace the Challenge: We enjoy and take pride in what we do. We are eager to take on challenges, be innovative, and put in the work required. We continuously strive to learn, share, and develop professionally.
- Play as a Team: We respect the people we work with and enjoy working together in a collaborative, trust-based environment. We value diversity of thought and open communication. We support each other to deliver quality work, and to grow as individuals and as a team.
- Think like an Owner: We constantly look for opportunities to provide more value. We provide a flexible environment to encourage people to explore new directions and to take ownership of their own and RSG's success.