Acoustic Analyst: Denver, CO
RSG seeks an Analyst candidate to conduct acoustical analysis, modeling, and fieldwork in support of project tasks and client needs. This position will begin remote position, and transition to our office in Denver, Colorado.
- Analyzes acoustical data to quantify and characterize project sources and background environments.
- Analyzes, manages, and edits geospatial data for use in sound propagation models and develops report content.
- Builds and operates acoustical models (e.g., Cadna A, TNM) in support of accurate predictions of potential acoustical impacts and performance.
- Plans and conducts fieldwork including sound level measurements following applicable standards and guidelines to ensure accurate and reliable data collection.
- Clearly communicates and documents fieldwork and project information.
- Manages small projects or parts of larger projects with an increasing amount of responsibility
- With oversight from supervisor or internal project manager, writes client reports and presentations.
Playing As A Team
- Onboards, mentors and helps train new junior staff.
- Independently manages work tasks in an organized manner, ensuring accurate, and efficient sharing of information with team members.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors in engineering, math, or science. Preferred degree in acoustics or related coursework.
- 1 to 3 years of related acoustics experience (dependent on coursework).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with acoustic measurements and equipment (e.g., short and long-term data collection with sound level meters)
- Strong analytic, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated abilities with analytic techniques (e.g., Excel, R, and/or Python)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with an ability to proactively organize and manage tasks
- Ability to be resourceful, resilient, and flexible in complex environments
- Demonstrated ability to deliver work on a timeline
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in teams
- Eager to engage in continuous learning and development
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Member or Associate Member of the Acoustical Society of America and/or the Institute of Noise Control Engineering
- Experience with sound propagation modeling software such as Cadna/A, Sound Plan, dBSea, and/or TNM
- Experience with geospatial datasets, ArcGIS, and AutoCAD
- Ability to hike at least 4 miles, to remote locations carrying equipment up to 50lbs.
- Operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, or computer printer.
- Frequently involves standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- May require extended outdoor exposure and wilderness/terrain logistics.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10%.
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
- Frequently communicates with colleagues and clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
RSG is not currently accepting H-1B applicants for this position. EEO/AA Employer/ Vet/ Disabled.
Please apply at Analyst Acoustics - Careers At Resource Systems Group Inc. (hrmdirect.com)