For background information on national and international noise policy, refer to a collection of papers on the CD-ROM produced for NOISE-CON 05. In addition to the papers presented at the conference and the proceedings of all NOISE-CON conferences beginning in 1996, noise policy papers have been collected from a number of sources and included on the CD-ROM. Some of the papers are also available online from AIP (look for the links in the items below). These are:
- A short paper on U.S. noise policy by Maling and Finegold prepared for INTER-NOISE 04.
- The papers in the special issue on national noise policy of Noise Control Engineering Journal, 51(3), 2003 May-June.
- The papers in the special issue on national and international noise policy of Noise Control Engineering Journal, 49(4), 2001 July August.
- The portion of the table of contents of the NOISE-CON 01 Proceedings that deals with noise policy, with further links to the individual papers.
- The paper, “An Overview of U.S. Noise Policy” by Finegold, Finegold, and Maling that was published in Noise/News International, 10(2),51-63, 2002 June.
- The table of contents for the panel session papers and abstracts presented at INTER-NOISE 2002 with further links to the papers and abstracts. Most of the panel sessions dealt with noise policy issues.
- An explanation of the database of noise policy documents prepared by Finegold and Finegold. The database itself is on the NoiseCon 2005 CD-ROM in Microsoft Excel. Information on the availability of this CD-ROM can be found on the INCE/USA page at the Atlas Bookstore.
More Recent Information on Noise Policy
- First Annual Workshop on Global Noise Policy
Noise/News International, 12, 140-158 (2004)
- Second Annual Workshop on Global Noise Policy
Noise/News International, 13, 82-93 (2005)
- International INCE Report 06-1, Global Noise Policies
Special issue of Noise Control Engineering Journal, 54, 288-346 (2006)
- European Noise Policy and its Links to Global Noise Policy
Noise/News International, 14, 144-156 (2006)
- Noise Policies in Southeast Asia
Noise/News International, 15, 14-21 (2007)
- 2006 Global Noise Policy Workshop I
Noise/News International, 15, 50-60 (2007)
- 2006 Global Noise Policy Workshop II
Noise/News International, 15, 92-99 (2007)
- Quality Aspects of European and Global Noise Policies on Environmental Noise
Noise/News International, 15, 62-72 (2007)
- Special issue of The Bridge, Published by the National Academy of Engineering. September, 2007