Hearing Conversation Specialist, Indianapolis, IN
3Mis seeking a Hearing Conversation Specialist in Technical Service to develop hearing conservation solutions for applications within the Occupational Health and Environmental Safety Division
The Hearing Conversation Specialist in Technical Service will engage audiologists and occupational health professionals to develop new applications, providing insight into product development, creating and delivering training on hearing conservation, and conducting applied research on training method effectiveness and fit validation.
This person will also be tasked in developing integrated hearing conservation solutions. The Hearing Conservation Specialist will be part of 3M's unique technical service team, and also work closely with field sales, laboratory and other functions. This position requires an extremely talented and flexible individual with strong people interaction and presentation skills, business knowledge and organizational abilities. Willingness to participate in a fast paced, cross-functional teams is a must.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The role of the Hearing Conversation Specialist in Technical Service is to provide the technical subject matter expertise to help develop the following:
- Engaging audiologists, occupational health and safety professionals to understand their needs for hearing protection devices, provide hearing loss prevention solutions, and develop new applications.
- Helping determine the best hearing loss prevention solutions for proposals
- Developing content and conducting Hearing Conservation training for end users and 3M personnel
- Providing insight to new product development teams and testing prototypes with potential customers
- Develop tools, literature, articles, manuals, user instructions, and technical specifications to support the proper selection and use of hearing protection devices
- Designing and conducting research on noise induced hearing loss with the impact of training, product selection and fit validation procedures.
Location and Travel:The person hired will be located in Indianapolis, IN and may include up to 25% travel - including overnight.
Relocation benefits are currently authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years combined experience in Hearing Protection and/or Hearing Conservation
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Health & Safety, Public Health, Audiology or related discipline; Master's highly sought
- Military, Industrial and/or other Commercial experience as an Audiologist, Industrial Hygienist, Safety Officer, Occupational Health Nurse or Environmental Health Specialist and corresponding professional certification
- Knowledge of research protocols, development of research objectives, and understanding government and independent laboratory test capabilities
- Experience presenting technical papers and training at conferences or other public venues
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Team player with the ability to contribute in a matrix environment
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $27 billion in sales, 3M employs about 80,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
About Occupational Health and Environmental Safety Division
A global leader in supplying a full line of maintenance-free and reusable filtering facepiece and elastomeric facepiece respirators; supplied and powered air purifying respiratory systems; hearing protection products; air monitoring systems; and sorbent materials. Also available are software and training support materials; Health and Safety Services, first aid, floor safety and workplace ergonomics products.
For more information, visit:
Hearing Conservation, Hearing Protection, Audiology, Occupational Health, Safety, Public Health, Industrial Hygienist (IH), Technical Service
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For consideration, please review the job description and apply for the job by going to 3M's Careers Web site (jobs.3M.com). Enter 1202886 into the "Search by Keyword" field, and click "Search Jobs" To view the description, click on the title of the position.